Generally, the focus of our blogs and monthly newsletter is on all things financial. Additionally, we try to offer helpful information such as cybersecurity tips, a list of top paying jobs for college grads, how to prepare for a long trip and other similar topics. In the printed format, it is rare that we venture into the “softer” side of life. However, below we present a departure from the norm and share with you a personal experience that may or may not be of interest.
Recently, Peg had the good fortune to attend a celebration of life for a very special woman who passed away too soon from an inherited fatal blood disease. In the printed material her family had created, there was a “Gratitude Challenge” that she often sent to family and friends so they would remain positive and grateful, as she did throughout most of her life.
As the Thanksgiving season is with us, we thought we would pass along her suggestions for making life more joyful, happy and loving. She called it “21 days to a happier me”.
- Bring gratitude to mind: Write down three NEW things that you are grateful for each day.
- Journal or Record: About a positive experience you’ve had recently for two minutes daily.
- Exercise: Engage daily in 15 minutes of mindful cardio activity.
- Meditate: Focus on your breath going in and out for two minutes a day.
- Engage in a random, conscious act of kindness: Daily write a two-minute positive email thanking a friend or colleague, or compliment someone you admire on social media.
Do these steps for 21 days, and you will begin to see a lasting shift in your mindset towards more positivity.
CCMI provides personalized fee-only financial planning and investment management services to business owners, professionals, individuals and families in San Diego and throughout the country. CCMI has a team of CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNERTM professionals who act as fiduciaries, which means our clients’ interests always come first.
How can we help you?